12 days healthy holiday recipes Day 6: Mini Quiches With Artichokes and chives
mini quiches with artichokes + chives
about a dozen mini quiches (you can easily double this recipe to get 2 dozen)
1/2 cup of artichokes, peeled and thinly sliced
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup of chives, finely chopped
1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350º.
- Place the sliced Jerusalem artichoke into a small pot of boiling water. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the artichokes are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Then, prepare the egg mixture. In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Then add the olive oil, salt, red pepper and thyme and stir until everything is combined. Then add the chives and potato and Jerusalem artichokes and stir again.
- Lightly grease a mini muffin pan. Spoon the egg mixture into the pan, and fill each cup to the brim. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the sides are pulling off the edge. Be careful not to overcook because you do not want the eggs to be dry. Remove and allow them to cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. They will keep for a couple of days in the refrigerator.